(By :Rashika chugh Faculty:Quant)
The Graduate Management Admission Test [GMAT] is conducted by GMAC. This test measures your aptitude for management education. It seeks to find out how well you can use whatever you do know. GMAT Test takes 3 hours and 7 minutes to solve,excluding breaks.
Score Range is 200-800
As GMAT is computer-adaptive test.So, things you should know :
- Once you answer a question, you can’t go back to it.
- You will get harder or easier question depending on whether your previous answers were right or wrong.
If the answer of previous question is incorrect,the following question will be of lower difficulty level and will get scored accordingly.
- You can select Section order.
- Calculator is not permitted in Quantitative Section
Let’s talk about Quant Section on GMAT:
Quantitative Section has 31 questions to be completed in 62 minutes. So, you have 2 minutes per question.
This section evaluates your ability to analyse data and draw conclusions using reasoning skills.
Quant Topics tested on GMAT are:
- Number System
- Multiples and factors
- Powers and roots
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Speed, Time, and Distance
- Pipes, Cisterns, and Work Time
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Descriptive statistics
- Permutations and Combinations
- Monomials, polynomials
- Algebraic expressions and equations
- Arithmetic and Geometric Progression
- Quadratic Equations
- Inequalities and Basic statistics
- Lines and angles
- Rectangular solids and Cylinders
- Coordinate geometry
There are two Question Formats on Quantitative Section:
1. Problem Solving: PS is same old MCQs type questions for which you need to calculate answer and choose one out of the given 5 answer choices.
Let’s look at sample PS Question
1. Of the following, which is greater than 1/2?
- A. 2/5
- B. 4/7
- C. 4/9
- D. 5/11
- E. 6/13
2. Data Sufficiency: For DS type questions,all you need to do is interpret whether the given data is sufficient to answer or not. You don’t have to solve anything in this type.
There are fixed answer choices in DS type.
Now Let’s have a look at Sample DS question:
Martha boug.ht an armchair and a coffee table at an auction and sold both items at het store her gross profit from the purchase and sale of the armchair was what pet cent greatest than her gross profit from the purchase and sale of the coffee table?
- Martha paid 10 Fez cent more foot the than for the coffee table.
- Martha sold the armchair for 2C: percent more than she sold the coffee table.
Now, the question arises- How to study for GMAT Quant??
This is the only key as the Math you need here is what you learned in high school.You just need to be clear on basic concepts and the rest is about applying what you know using the tricks and strategies.
All the best !